Our congregation was founded in 1912 in a rented chapel on Andrews Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio, and was to be in ministry with English speaking Lutherans residing in Lakewood. The name became Trinity Lutheran Church in 1921. The building at 16400 Detroit Avenue was completed in 1922. An the education unit being was added in 1953, with interior renovations made to the sanctuary in 1966, and extensive muraling completed throughout in 1999 by members under the leadership of member artists.
In 2016, the congregation made the decision to continue our mission in new spaces and sell the Detroit Avenue facility, operating in conjunction with our new partners at Lakewood Congregational Church, at 1375 West Clifton Boulevard.
Our final service at 16400 Detroit Avenue was held on January 14, 2018, nearly 100 years after the cornerstone was laid.
To see more photos of our history, click here.